- Exco resolved to prioritize the completion of ongoing projects embarked upon by the administration. Greater focus will be on education, road infrastructure, agriculture, job creation, health and security
- Exco directed the expedition of the procurement process for new Innoson brand security patrol vehicles and called on security agencies in the state to improve patrol and other necessary activities to deal with post-election security challenges.
- Exco directs the restructuring of the state civil service for optimal performance and greater efficiency.
- Exco adopted the report of the internal committee that reviewed the qualifications of staff of Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, as well as the optimization of staff of the institution. Council directs the institution to proceed with implementation of the recommendations there in.
- Exco approved deployment of arbitration mechanism to resolve long standing contract disputes that preceded current administration.
- Exco recommended the recruitment of a new Chief Medical Director (CMD) for Abia State University Teaching Hospital (ABSUTH), Aba, to replace the outgoing CMD. The mandate of the incoming CMD includes growing internally generated revenue of the institution, minimize waste and grow human and material capital of the institution through innovation.
- Exco recommended reactivation of Abia State Vigilante Services with special mandate to protect educational infrastructure across the state as well as safeguard local government offices.
- Exco directs the sourcing of private partners to develop the Ubani Ibeku Agro-Industrial cluster with emphasis on deployment of cassava, rice and palm processing facilities.
- Council directs further engagement with relevant stakeholders on the establishment of new GSM and computer dealers mall in Aba.
- Exco received update on preparation for the second term inauguration of the Governor and his Deputy and directed the relevant committees to ensure that adequate arrangements are made to ensure a hitch-free celebration.
- Exco directed the ministries of youth development and women affairs to collaborate with the ministry of land to ensure early development of new amusement parks at Umuahia and Aba for Abia families.
- Exco received and accepted the interim report of the Works and Project Review Committee on designated first 100 days projects.
- Exco directed the various reform committees to ensure timely submission of reports.
- Exco directed the full implementation of the contributory pension scheme, National Health Insurance Scheme and Hospital Information Management System.
- Exco directed a review of some ongoing projects such as Aba-Owerri Road Aba, Aba Road Umuahia, Osisioma flyover, Osusu Road, Aba and Abiriba-Nkporo Road to ensure completion within 120days.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner For Information, Abia State.