Former US president, Donald Trump ‘will not receive invite to Queen’s funeral’

According to reports, Donald Trump won’t be invited to the Queen’s funeral the following week.

The former US president is not anticipated to attend the memorial service on Monday since there can only be one representative from each country and their significant other, according to Mail Online.

Joe and Jill Biden will be among those paying their respects in Westminster Abbey because only current heads of state and their spouses or partners will be granted invitations.

According to records obtained by Politico, the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) said that the abbey would be so crowded that additional invites could not be extended.

The guidelines sent to embassies on Saturday night said the department ‘regrets that, because of limited space at the state funeral service and associated events, no other members of the principal guest’s family, staff or entourage may be admitted.’

Heads of state that cannot attend are able to choose someone else as their official representative in their stead.

Biden said on Friday he intended to travel to London for the funeral, despite serving presidents not attending the last two state funerals for Winston Churchill and George VI. 

Questions had been raised about whether Trump would attend the service.

Related Video

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.