The official written offer for the Tyson Fury bout in the UK in November will be sent to Anthony Joshua today, according to Frank Warren, the promoter of Tyson Fury.
On Monday, September 5, Joshua received a challenge from WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, challenging him to a Battle of Britain in December.
Subsequently Joshua has since made a public acceptance of the offer, Fury’s promoter, Frank Warren, and his son, George, were contacted last night to discuss the possibility of a matchup.
Frank himself has replied to this by saying on TalkSport that he believes the terms we would propose are very, very fair. Tyson is acting quite fairly.
His comments came in response to Matchroom Boxing chief Eddie Hearn revealing that he has opened talks with Warren over a potential heavyweight showdown fight.
Hearn told TalkSport: ‘I said to George Warren last night, ‘Get the details over to us, get the offer over to us. I will take it to AJ, he’s ready to go.’
‘We didn’t expect this opportunity, but it’s a great opportunity to fight for the world heavyweight title in the biggest fight in boxing.
‘And we will definitely look at it.’
Fury and Joshua were set to fight last year after agreeing on a two-fight deal in March 2020. But Deontay Wilder ruined the plan when he won his arbitration for a trilogy fight with Fury.
‘I’d love to get really excited about this because I think it’s the fight I get stopped on the street for more than any fight that could be made.
‘It’s a fight AJ has wanted for a long time. Don’t forget we signed for this fight last year before the court arbitration forced the Deontay Wilder fight for Tyson Fury.
‘It’s an interesting one because last week he retired, then he’d only come back to fight Usyk, then he made an offer to Derek Chisora, then he wanted half a billion, then he retired again, then he’s fighting Usyk in December and now he’s fighting AJ.
‘The message is quite clear from AJ: we don’t want to get in a backwards and forwards, we want the fight.’
Joshua has lost back-to-back fights to Oleksandr Usyk, the most recent being in Saudi Arabia last month. But he is set to rush back into the ring to face British rival Fury.
Hearn said: ‘It’s the fight he’s wanted for a long time.
‘We had plans after the Usyk defeat to come back in December and then go again in March, get active and get the rhythm going again and then try fight for the world heavyweight title.
‘But I know having spoken to AJ and as you saw with his message that if that fight is there and they’re serious, which I have my doubts [about].
‘But listen, let’s for the good of trying to make it happen let’s believe Tyson Fury.’
Fury hit back at Hearn comments by tweeting: ‘This is easy fight to make normal champion to challenger privileges, & I’m 100% serious
‘Let’s rumble UK.’