Some Customers of a commercial bank in Onitsha, Anambra State sustained different levels of injuries as they scampered for safety following a fire outbreak at the bank.
It was reported that, the incident which occurred on Friday nearly led to the death of two persons.
Following a commotion in the banking hall when an alarm of the fire which reportedly emanated from the generator located within the bank premises was raised, many fleeing customers sustained various degrees of injuries.
An eyewitness said: “Some of the customers sustained injuries while running as some broke the glass windows to jump out.”
“Luckily, two persons trapped in one of the offices were rescued by the police who arrived at the scene shortly after.”
Confirming the incident, the Anambra State Police Spokesman, Tochukwu Ikenga, said the fire had been put off while the situation was being monitored.
“Yesterday, July 15, 2022, at about 10 am, Anambra State Police Operatives rescued two victims of fire incident at UBA bank, opposite Ejison plaza main market, Onitsha.”
“Preliminary information reveals that the fire incident emanated from the heat in the generator inside the bank.”
“This made customers scamper for safety and in the process, some of the windows and doors got broken.”
“The fire has been put off and the situation is been monitored. Further details shall be communicated.”