50 civilians and three soldiers allegedly killed by suspected terrorists in Kebbi

In Dankade village in Kebbi State, suspected bandits are said to have slain fifty people, including three troops.

Bulama Bukarti, a Kano-based lawyer, revealed the attack on Twitter this morning, saying it lasted over 10 hours on Friday, January 14.

During an interview with BBC Hausa, he stated people of the village corroborated the occurrence.

He said that the villagers were attacked because they refused to pay increased tax levies imposed by the robbers.

His tweets read

”Last Friday, bandit terrorists operated for 10 hours (11am – 9pm) in Dankade village of Kebbi, killing 50 people and 3 soldiers, and burning homes and shops. A man who lost two brothers and escaped narrowly told BBC Hausa that they’ve been prevented from burying their loved ones.

The Kebbi Govt said it’s a retaliatory attack, but victims say they’re attacked because they refused to pay a new tax after they’d paid previously. The govt claimed that 10 – 20 people were killed, but the two witnesses told the BBC that they’ve seen >25 bodies & there are more.”

50 civilians and three soldiers allegedly killed by suspected terrorists in Kebbi
50 civilians and three soldiers allegedly killed by suspected terrorists in Kebbi

Related Video

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.