fbpx

The Kaduna State Government releases a statement to confirm it patient who died from a Lassa fever virus

 

In a statement issued on Saturday February 1 by the State’s Commissioner for Health Dr Amina Mohammed-Baloni, it was gathered that the new case is a 34-year-old man who is already being treat at the Infectious Disease Control Centre.

 

Baloni said out of a total of suspecyed 23 cases,15 turned out negative while six test samples are still pending. 40 people who were in contact with the cases are being monitored and none has shown any symptoms.

 

The statement reads in part; 

 

“The new confirmed case is a 34 year old male from Kajuru Local Government Area and he is being managed at the IDCC. This brings the number of confirmed cases to two in Kaduna State, as the first victim has died last Sunday and has since been buried,” she said.

“A total number of 40 people who had been in contact with the cases are being monitored and none has shown any symptoms. However, contact listing and follow-up as well as active case search are ongoing.

“The general public is advised to continue to maintain a high level of personal hygiene and environmental sanitation and ensure that all cases of fevers are tested for malaria before treatment.”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You may also like

%d bloggers like this: