The awful yet unresolved crisis involving the policemen who allegedly raped prostitutes in Abuja is still on the hearts of Nigerians, a lot of whom are very angered by the situation. The Nollywood actor, Ime Bishop Umoh popularly known as Okon Lagos took to his Instagram page to defend the policemen charged with “Forceful intercourse” with commercial s3x workers, in Abuja.
In a video he posted on his page, he said he has been seeing some ladies protesting and reacting, saying that some policemen r@ped some Prost!tutes. He says it is a wrong allegation because r@pe is taking away someone’s dignity.
According to Okon Lagos, Ashawo no get pride or dignity, hence the charge should not be r@pe but it should be termed as stealing. In Okon’s view, the Police men were only stealing the ladies’s products and merchandise.
He captioned the video; “Both are criminal acts but different… R@pe and Theft. There is a little of one in another 😀😀” . As expected this video has sparked a lot of negative reactions, the actor might be in a lot of trouble.
This as expected has sparked so negative reaction.View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Ime Bishop Umoh 🇳🇬(@okonlagos) on May 9, 2019 at 10:28am PDT
See reactions below
1. @ugoo_beke: This is disgusting to listen to! So because they are commercial sex workers, they are not capable of being ‘raped’.
Not everything is a joke and it is not everytime something comes to your mind that you just say it without thinking it through. You want to trend, hope you eventually do!
2. @noracalbs: Prostitution is wrong , Rape is equally wrong , however funny this joke is..take a minute and think of the 16 year old girl forced to stand out on the streets against her will, in that pain n trauma…
Then here comes the police that ought to save her ,they pick her up ,take her to a disgusting cell and rape her all over again…this is a true story..sometimes it’s beyond what you see,think or hear…
3. @phatdammy: Since he has refused to take the post down, I think everyone should report the post as inappropriate
4. @dawnashiedu: Well this is the stupidest thing I’ve heard ever, no surprise its coming from you though… You generally don’t evoke any form of intelligence or maturity. I just hope your children have other role models in their lives
5. @k.chiee: Please what’s the opposite of ASHEWO??? Because I don’t get why that word is only used to classify ladies not the men so can nack more than 5 different girls in a day and still get applauded for it.Fucked up mentality, Fucked up country
Source: Gistreel.com/ Instagram